The Cat's Outta the Bag!

Meow!

Okay, not really. My cat is most definitely not in a bag. My secret is out...I got a new job : ) Not that it was too much of a secret because it seems like a lot more people knew than I had told personally. Good news travels fast, I suppose.

I'll be leaving my current job of 3.5 years (raising $ for fraternities and sororities) and taking a job at a small, private Catholic University in KC MO. I'm excited but also nervous--I know how to do my current job and know what to expect on a day-to-day basis. It's tough to leave that security to go somewhere new and unfamiliar. Not to mention they hired the WORST.Catholic.Ever. I was never "confirmed" and I havent been to Catholic mass since I was a junior in high school.

Another thing...at my new job, Wednesdays are "Purple Days." Everyone wears purple to show their support of the University. Well, if you know me, you know that while purple may look good with my green eyes, it's most certainly not my favorite color. I'm not much of a K-State fan but I suupose I can forget my past associations with the color now that I'm getting paid to wear it.

It was a very hard decision for me to leave my current job. I love the people I work with and we do a lot of awesome things as a company. Where else can you thank a co-worker with a case of beer brought to the office? I do love it here and will miss it terribly, but I think it's time to move on. Plus, absense makes the heart grow fonder, right?

My new purple adventure begins June 1--wish me luck : )

Oh, and here's a picture of my cat...just in case you were still wondering if she's in a bag.

Unknown

Connect with me!

3 comments: