It's No Secret...

...that I hate running. Ever since 4th grade when our teacher signed our entire class up for the River Run in Wichita. We "practiced" running and it became something that I felt like I had to do--and you know how it goes when you're a kid, when you feel like you HAVE to do something, you don't want to do it. So it was just never something I enjoyed or wanted to do.

I've come to a point in my life where I want to be healthier and I want to make changes to my lifestyle. As much as it pains me, I think it's time for me to give running one more chance. It may kill me, but I'm going to try to become "a runner" or, at least a person who can run a mile slowly and not die.
Yes, this might be me...
This week I'm starting the Couch-to-5K program. The Lawrence Shamrock Shuffle is on March 5, which is about 1/2 way through the program and I figure it will be a good gauge of my progress. I'm hoping to actually do Brew 2 Brew this year with my co-workers instead of just talking about it.

I'll keep you posted weekly of my progress...we shall see what happens...

Unknown

Connect with me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord, good luck! I hate running too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear God. Good luck. I was thinking about re-trying to become a runner, too...but when the doctor laughs and says, "You're not a runner.", well...it kind of kills your running spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete