It's About That Time...

It happens every year, to more people than just me, I’m sure. New Year’s resolutions…we make them and we inevitably break them. Well, this year I want that cycle to be different for me so I have made mine more like goals than resolutions—hopefully that will help me get them all accomplished.

The first deals with something a lot of people resolve to change or work on, weight loss. This year has been great for me, actually. Since July I have lost 25 lbs and am competing in the P&C Biggest Loser contest, which started on November 13 and concludes on February 13. My big goal is to lose at least 50, but I can’t really complain with losing 25+!

--To do a full 30 days of the “30 Day Shred” (Jillian Michaels workout DVD) a caveat of this goal is to do the workout at least 5 days a week (m-f) and have the weekends off.

--To have at least $1,000 in my savings account (or more)

--Volunteer more than I did this year/on a more regular basis. I really want to find a volunteer opportunity that I can participate in regularly. Maybe this will be the year I finally complete my application for CASA! I’d like to be a Big Sister, but not sure I have what it takes.

--Travel more! Since I will be starting my 3rd year at work I will have some additional PTO to use and I want to do some traveling. It’s always been a dream of mine to go to NYC so I want to do that this year (and before I’m 30, so it HAS to be this year). I also want to go to Charlotte one more time before Chris moves (if he does), and Chicago (again)! (Thinking about a trip for the big 3-0! But I’d love to go for St. Patrick’s Day!)

--Read more.

--Finally start the book I’ve been talking about writing for a couple of years now. I think I may actually have a working title now, though, which is a start!

--Be on time…for everything. I have a problem getting to work on time even though I live in the same city. I don’t know what my deal is, but I need to make some changes.

--Cook more! I have some awesome new cook books and want to try out some new recipes.

--Have people over to my apt more. Enough said on that one…

I don’t think any of these are impossible, which is another reason I hope I can stick to them and reach my goals!

So what are your resolutions?

Unknown

Connect with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment